| The Lunette menstrual cup is a reusable menstrual protection product
made in Finland. It is an easy-to-use, safe, and hygienic alternative to
pads and tampons. By using the cup, you will help protect the
environment, save money, and get peace of mind.
Just fold, insert like a tampon and it collects blood rather than
absorbs it. You empty it rather than change it — a little bit different.
- made of medical-grade silicone in Finland
- doesn't contain rubber latex, is odorless and safe
- affordable and environmentally friendly – with proper care it will last for years
- a sanitary and healthy alternative to disposable tampons and pads
- easy-to-use, practical, and comfortable. It needs to be emptied only two to four times a day and can be used overnight
- safe since it is not conducive to dampness, outbreaks of vaginal
candidiasis, cystitis or toxic shock syndrome. In fact, TSS has not been
linked to the use of menstrual cups
- suitable to be worn during sports and other physical activities
- easy to clean and disinfect between periods by boiling briefly in water or washing with rubbing alcohol
- designed for women of all ages and sizes
- also designed for women who have not yet engaged in sexual
intercourse as well as those who use an IUD or contraceptive ring.
However, if you are planning on using Lunette together with an IUD, we
recommend discussing it with your doctor
- enables you to monitor your flow by providing measuring lines on the
inside of the cup (5 ml and 13.5 ml in size 1, 7.5 ml and 15 ml in size
2). The lining of the cup is totally smooth and the tab is flat, making
cleaning very easy
- not to be used during post-natal bleeding due to the risk of inflammation
- not disruptive to the natural lubricating ability of the vagina, nor does it dry out the vaginal mucus membrane
Model 1 is for women with light to
moderate flow, younger women or women who have never had intercourse.
The diameter is 41 mm (1.6 inches) by 47 mm (1.9 inches). The stem
measures 25 mm (1 inch). The volume of the cup is 25 ml (0.85 fl oz).
Model 2 is recommended for women who have a
normal or heavier flow. The diameter is 46 mm (1.8 inches) by 52 mm (2
inches). The stem measures 20 mm (0.8 inches). The volume of the cup is
30 ml (1.0 fl oz).
The Lunette menstrual cups are soft and pliable, however, model 1 is made of softer silicone than model 2.