About the Birth Pool in a Box:
76" x 65" x 30"
0.38 mm thickness
- *NEW* Integrated Cup holder added to both pool & liner (cup not included)
- Internal depth of 27" - water depth of 24"
- The Regular is big enough for two people
- Three independent wall chambers for increased safety and adjustable height
- Patented form-fitting disposable liners
- Made without phthalates, which have been linked to fertility problems, and is free from lead and cadmium. Better for the environment, better for you and your baby.
- Includes disposable liner for enhanced safety. Midwives advise that a new liner for the birth is a necessity from a hygiene perspective, and are a must when mothers want to be able to do trial-runs before the birth. One disposable liner is included with each pool and additional liners are available. Using a liner also means two "containers" for the water, giving added protection against the unlikely event of a water leak.
- Deep enough to give buoyancy without compromising midwife support - the minimum recommended depth of water to provide buoyancy for a mother in labor is 21". Birth-Pool-in-a-Box has an internal depth of 27" and since the sides are stiff when inflated, you can fill water to a depth of 24".
- Three independent chambers for improved safety The sides of Birth-Pool-in-a-Box are made of 3 independent tubular chambers stacked on top of each other. If one of them should puncture by accident, only 1/3 of the wall height will be lost. This is safer for mother and baby and results in little to no water on your floor than a puncture into a single-chambered inflatable pool.
- Comfortable and welcoming This doesn't look like a medical device! It is welcoming and the inflated sides are comfortable to rest upon. This helps you relax, which will enhance the production of the hormone oxytocin, speeding up your labor.
- Adjustable Height By deflating the middle chamber to the appropriate height once a woman is in the filled pool, the height of the pool can be adjusted for safe and comfortable access to the woman by her caregivers. Not every woman needs 28" high sides. Smaller woman or smaller midwives may find that by lowering the sides of the pool by several inches, they feel more comfortable. By adjusting this on the middle chamber, the rigidity and stability of the pool is maintained by the fully inflated top and bottom chamber.
- Double-reinforced handles Mothers requested strong handles on the outside of the pool for use when leaning on the side facing out. They are angled at 30 degrees for comfort and secure the form-fitted disposable liner in place. Study enough for birth partner and midwives to support from any position.
- Once the pool is filled, the sides are sturdy enough for a 210 lb (95.5kg) person to sit on the side without collapsing it. There is also plenty of room in the Regular pool for the partner to join the mother.
- Approximate filling time - 40 minutes to 3 hours (depending on your water pressure and the size of your hot water tank.)
- Approximate time to inflate - 10-15 minutes
- Proven in the field
- Every one factory-tested Every single pool is inflated and left for 24 hours before testing and packing. That means structural integrity you can depend on.
Deluxe Accessory Kit ($95) - electric air pump, electric drain pump, faucet adaptor, lead-free hose, debris net, thermometer, and hand-held mirror.
Standard Accessory Kit ($60) - faucet adaptor, lead-free hose, debris net, thermometer, and hand-held mirror.
Terms of Purchase:
- Purchaser understands that the Boutique requires that experienced birth professionals attend all births.
- Purchaser agrees to take full responsibility for the manner in and purpose for which said water birth tub, accessories, and liner are used. Purchaser also understands the importance of using a liner for each use of the tub.
- Purchaser understands that the water birth tub, accessories, and liner are nonrefundable, and that no portion of the cost will be refunded.
- Purchaser agrees to release and hold harmless Boutique and/or any agent thereof, its members, employees, associates, and affiliated manufacturers from any and all responsibility or liability for maternal complications, infant mortality or morbidity, or injury to any or all persons in connection with the use of said water birth tub, accessories, and liner that may occur before, during, and/or after labor and/or birth in the water birth tub provided by the Purchaser.
- Purchaser specifically holds Boutique harmless from any claims made by third parties, as well as any damage or injury to property occasioned by the use of the water birth tub and any accessories during the rental period or while the water birth tub is otherwise in possession of the Purchaser, and further more agrees to indemnify Boutique for any and all liability or expenses, including attorney’s fees, incurred by Boutique occasioned by said use of the water birth tub.
I, the undersigned (electronic signature), am 18 years of age or older, have read, understand and agree to the terms outlined above.
This tub comes with ONE Birth Pool in a Box liner.
***PLEASE NOTE: This item will be special ordered at the time of purchase and will take 7-10 business days for shipping.